Monday 6 August 2012

Tutorial time...

I have been seeing this type of card all over blog-land at the moment and you will recall a post a couple of days ago where I promised you a tutorial.
 Well the time has come and I would just ask that you bear with me as this is the first blog tutorial I have done.

 You need to start with panels of card stock which get smaller. Here I have done 3 panels all 1/2" smaller than the first.
 Using a temporary adhesive layer the panels together in what will be the finished position.
 Now randomly stamp all over the panels using the stamp and ink colour of your choice. As you can see when you stamp over the edges of each panel you end up with a very small gap in the design. Don't worry about this as it will soon disappear
 Separate the panels and lay out on the desk. As you can see the design has only stamped the edges of the lower two panels. Remember to keep the orientation of the panels the same to allow for easier re-alignment later.
 Cut mats for each of the layers with just a small border. I used a 1/8" border on all edges. Also co-ordinate your mats with the ink colour used to help the stamped images 'come back' together. Layer the images back up using a permanent adhesive this time.
Finally position onto your card base and decorate further if you wish. I added an accent colour here to lift the neutral tones of the card and give the eye somewhere to rest. A little ribbon and a bit of bling never goes amiss!

I hope you have found this useful and if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Till the next time - Happy  Crafting

3 comments:

  1. It's catching isn't it! This type of card is so easy but so effective and I like your take on it! Zx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe... I'm trying to work on a spin off design too.

      Delete
  2. So simple when you know the trick, lol! Lookin' fab!

    ReplyDelete