Tuesday 21 March 2017

Die Cutting and Classes...

If you are like me you have spent more hours than you care to admit to looking for the one framelit that seems to escape every time you are prepping or in deed holding a class.

Frustrated by the lost crafting hours I decided to create something that would keep the little devils, I mean angels in check.


This is my solution for home. I had a 12 x 12 frame in the cupboard without glass as it had broken and I always meant to do something with it. 
Perfect for keeping my dies together while prepping for classes or mass production. 
I used adhesive magnet sheets and stuck them to the backing board of the frame. I then popped a piece of Designer Series Paper on top, lightly sticking down in the four corners with snail. This means I can easily change the paper if I want. 
Pop the backing board back in to the frame and hey presto!

Then I realised I needed something to help my customers during class. It's all too easy for dies especially the smaller ones to slip under or into the wrong place. 



I have had this frame lying in my craft room for a while as I had intended to turn it into a stamp positioner but you know how it is, easily sidetracked  lol. 
Instead I added some more magnetic sheets the back board and cut some more Designer Series Paper to fit. This time I added a thin acetate sheet over the paper to stop it getting grubby during classes. 



The fab thing about this frame is it closes like a book which means I can pop the frames I need on there for class, close the front and away I go.

While I'm not using my framelits they are stored in their original packaging in a tray which keeps them all together. 

I hope this helps some of you with your framelit storage.



No comments:

Post a Comment