Friday 1 June 2012

A little me time....

It's been a busy month in the Nutty household and now that June is here (eeekk halfway through the year already?!) I can relax just a tiny bit. I still have one DD birthday to go and its the important one moving into teenage years so better not rest too much!

I have taken full advantage of the lull in class prep(well for a weekend at least) and now that Regional training is behind me, which means swaps are not needed for a while, I can finally play.

I love to play... It reminds me why I love my craft so much. Its very easy to get lost in the 'must do' of class prep. Playing is my time to just experiment and do some of the wonderful things I've seen out there. The last couple of days have definitely been CASE days. I've had a project in mind for ages and now was the time.

Thanks to the lovely Kirsteen for the tutorial. I had been thinking about making one of these for a while but with the new Simply Scored and the Diagonal Plate it is soooooo much easier.


 For me Gray is the new Neutral... I've fallen in love with this colour so much recently. I used to be a 'Brown' girl but Gray is taking over and works so well with everything.
 Once opened up you find 4 little tiered boxes which can hold just about anything and the beauty is once you close it up they all rest on top of each other so the contents don't spill out.
 A close up of the lid with a little Crochet Trim, Antique Brad and of course the gorgeous Embosslits Butterfly to finish. To get the butterfly to sit at an angle I put a pearl in the centre of the lid and then used a glue dot on the back of the butterfly to adhere it to the pearl.

My next project is from the lovely Monica and she very kindly sent me the instructions via Skype. I was in the mood to do something 3d but wasn't sure what and so Monica rescued me. I made this that very day but have held off blogging till now so that Monica could blog hers.
 As it was just for me I used the now retired SAB papers (I love them so much I have 5 unopened packs!) This lovely caddy holds individual tea bags beautifully.

I hope you are inspired to sit down and play. I still have a couple of 'play days' before it's back to the 'work' and prepping for Christmas in June!

Till next time.... Happy  Crafting

3 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous, as always!!! LOVE the tea caddy - forgot about that one, lol! Internet being a poop. Hopefully you will come back online shortly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about getting it right moving into teenage years, we've got the same event next week! Can't believe I shall be the mother of a teenager. I love your projects and miss those beautiful SAB papers. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got in some crafty play time; that's always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete