Sunday 12 May 2013

Apologies and Anniversaries

Wow, has it really been almost a month since I last posted? 

I apologise for the absence but it has been crazy busy here with lots of renovation going on and I have been making lots of cups of tea and making sure everything is how it should be! 
We have now finished the first of the attic bedrooms and it looks lovely in Island Indigo and Whisper White - You can take the girl out of the craft room but not the Stampin' UP! out of the girl lol.
We are now busy on Caiden's room which will be River Rock and poss Lucky Limeade.

Back in the room of craft, which seems to be my only haven right now, I have been busy with some commission pieces which I will share with you all soon. 
I took time out though to make a card for a lovely couple who just celebrated their 9th Wedding Anniversary.
The lovely June and Andy run Lady B's Cupcakery here in Mablethorpe and keep me in delicious cakes(almost daily lol) as well as a Champagne High tea for my birthday last week!

The card needed to be soft and slightly vintage. As a fellow creator June has a fantastic eye for colour and detail so no pressure lol.  


Close up of the personalised element


Here is the finished card which I hope they both liked. 
The base card is embossed only on the bottom half with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder and then torn strips of Blushing Bride (a colour I am so happy to see returning) and Naturals Ivory. 
The hearts are stamped and die cut using the Hearst a Flutter Bundle.

The sentiment is from a retired hostess set but fitted the couple so well I just had to use it.

I hope you like today's post and I will try and post some of the highlights from Regional Training yesterday soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment